· Wyoming Bentonite is considered to be the mineral of 1000 uses
One of the most popular uses of Wyoming Bentonite is for cat litter. The mineral's
ability to absorb many times its volume in water and to control odors provides
an excellent material for cat litter. Wet Bentonite forms a cluster that can
be easily removed, allowing the unused Bentonite to be kept for later usage.
major use for Bentonite is in well drilling. Bentonite is utilized in drilling
mud to extract drill cuttings from the bit.
· Bentonite can be added to Taconite, an economical, low-grade iron ore powder,
which enables the companies to transport taconite more efficiently.
· The same bonding ability that enables the binding of taconite pellets allows
Bentonite to bind with animal and poultry feed products. In addition, Bentonite
decreases the rate of digestion of food in an animal, so the nutrients can be
absorbed more efficiently.
· Medicines - Bentonite is used as an excipient and binder in tablet manufacturing.
Because of its strong water holding capacities, it is also used in anti-diarrhea
· Foods - Bentonite is used in an assortment of foods, such as candy bars and
yogurt. In fact, the characteristics of Wyoming Bentonite create the smoothness
· Clays, especially Bentonite, have been used as medicine for centuries by indigenous
peoples around the world. Even today, over 200 cultures worldwide eat or drink
clay daily. Some believe Bentonite is an effective natural detoxifying agent,
which is able to absorb toxins and deliver mineral nutrients, while passing
through the body undigested. In other words, the clay attracts and absorbs toxins,
taking them with it when leaving the body.
Bentonite is very popular in the metal casting industry, where it is used as
a bonding material for molding processes. When Bentonite is mixed with certain
types of molding sands, a bond is formed that can withstand very high temperatures.
· Wyoming Bentonite is used in the ceramic and building industry where it is
mixed with clay and sand to form an adhesive
· Wyoming Bentonite is effective in sealing against water such as in ditches,
ponds, and lagoons. In addition, Bentonite is used in the construction of landfills,
remediation of failed landfills, and construction of wastewater holding facilities
when local clays are not available.
In cosmetics, Bentonite provides an active thickening substance for shampoos,
calamine lotions, facial creams, and lipsticks, where it keeps the preparations
in homogenous form, maintains the moisture levels, and applies non-greasy stickiness.
· Other uses: Bentonite's unique bonding abilities have been used for cleansers,
sprays, detergents, rubber tire production, and paper in addition to numerous
· Bentonite was used by local Indians as a bleaching clay and as a washing agent.